Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I have a bush/tree that has red leaves, anyone know what it is?

It's one of the earliest plant/tree/bush that blooms every spring. When it buds out in spring, the leaves start out sort of pink, then turn to an extremely bright red, then eventually to a deep red or puple. It has thorny, hard branches that sprawl like a misquite tree. It produces a berry about the size of a grape that is about the same color as the tree. Birds won't even eat them, so I don't imagine they are edible. It is pretty old and about 8 or 10 feet tall, probably the same diameter. Beautiful tree and would like to know what it is to research transplanting. There are small ones that come up every year around it. I'm sure that it makes some sort of flower because it makes a fruit, but I never notice the flowers, so I don't think it is a Chinese plum tree. They make a white flower as far as I know and I would have noticed that.
I have a bush/tree that has red leaves, anyone know what it is?
Barberry
Reply:Could be a Photinia

http://images.google.com/images?um=1%26amp;hl=...

No comments:

Post a Comment